What 5 items would you not go travelling without?
Our 5 most important items on our RTW packing list:
1. Kindle 3G – you can access the Internet from (almost) anywhere as long as 3G service is available; our Kindle has saved us in many emergencies. The Internet moves deathly slow, and the browser is terrible, but it has always come through for us when we needed it.
2. Charles Schwab card – This card has no ATM or foreign transaction fees, and they reimburse other banks’ ATM fees which saves us at least $80 a month and allows us to carry less cash while we are traveling.
3. Sarong – I use this for a beach towel, a blanket, a dress, a pillow – you will be surprised with a little bit of creativity what a sarong can do!
4. A bag of instant oatmeal and/or a jar of peanut butter – my two go-to foods for any meal.
5. My DSLR – some days I hate carrying my heavy camera on long walks, but every time I go through my photos at the end of the day I know it was worth it. I am not good at keeping a detailed travel diary on the road, but I take photos of everything. My memories and stories are all in my memory cards and uploaded to Flickr.
Check out our Full Interview at Backpacks and Bunkbeds